Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dear Diary,

It’s 8PM. It’s 89 degrees. I’m wearing sweatpants. I’m ready for bed.

I’ve never wanted anything as badly as I want mozzarella sticks right now. Not just any mozzarella sticks, I want the really good ones from Arby’s. The ones that are almost a dollar a piece.

I need to develop some coping skills. Please let me know, should I:
  • Ignore the cravings and they’ll go away faster
  • Do my best to create a dish that resembles what I’m craving
  • Lay down, close my eyes, and pretend I’m at the drive-through in Mechanicsville
Now, the confession. The other day I had a break down. I opened all of our barbecue seasonings and powders. One by one, I tasted them. Some of them, multiple times.

That reminds me. If anyone has the recipe for Ukrops rainbow cookies, e-mail it immediately. Don’t get me wrong. I’m well fed here. But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to miss my favorite foods every day.

What else is going on? Sunburns! I’m wearing SPF 50 and still turning pink every day.

Chad isn’t allowed to wash dishes or do laundry here. I guess this is karma for me having such a messy room when we lived together in college.

I’ve learned that loose stool is not the same as diarrhea. Message me for details. I really do appreciate toilet paper. Most places don’t have it here, so it helps to keep a roll in my book bag at all times.

I’ve temporarily given up drinking, but we’ll see how long that lasts.

Your friend, Tana

P.S. Here are some things I’m really glad I packed: my comfy bike seat, my own pillow, my sudoku book, a loofa (I’ve never used one before, but here you really need it), a vast array of undergarments, my sunglasses. I accidentally ran over them with my bike. They got scratched but they’re okay.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Eric said...

THIS blog posting inspired us to make a last-minute change in our dinner plans to include--for the first time ever--HOME MADE cheese sticks!! We're using bread crumbs, an egg, and string cheese. I AM SO EXCITED.

Amy Loving said...

I like cheese sticks too. I think it is completely normal to have cravings for those at any time! and Good idea with the toilet paper. Never know when you will need some!

Stacy said...

our arby's girl didn't even talk to me the other day. I was super sad...and missed you! It's not the same!

Post a Comment